The theme of the 3rd Annual Australian Long-Term Unemployment Conference in 2016 is Finding Solutions. This year’s conference focuses on industry working together with employment agencies to create positive outcomes for Australia’s long-term unemployed.
What are employers looking for when hiring a long-term unemployed worker? Is that criterion being met by supplying agencies? How do the two come together?
This year’s conference addresses these questions and focuses on what has worked; how the process can be improved; what resources are available; are those resources accessible; and the corporate social responsibility of business.
Combining practical examples, theory, research and best practice this conference elevates the dialogue to include businesses, not-for-profits, Government agencies, human resource professionals, social security services and industrial relations advocates.
The Australian Long-Term Unemployment Conference will be held on 1 – 2 December 2016 at the Mercure Brisbane.
Why You Should Attend
The program is designed to allow for maximum participation with a focus on outcomes; takeaways; application of theory; and knowledge enhancement.
The program will include;
- Keynote presentations by renowned speakers
- Concurrent sessions
- The Employment Awards evening
- Trade exhibition
- Poster presentations
- Round-Table Discussion
- Access to presenter podcasts and book of proceedings following the conference
Who Should Attend
The Australian Long-Term Unemployment Conference is open to:
2016 Conference Advisory Committee
- Mr Darren Coppin, Chief Executive, Esher House, Conference Chair
- Ms Katrina Currie, General Manger Work & Learning, Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Mr Chris Dale, General Manager, Apprenticeships and Employment, Busy At Work
- Ms Moya Drayton, Group Manager, Youth and Programmes Group, Department of Employment
- Mr John Perry
- Ms Sue Trewin, Board Member, Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association
- Abstracts open: Monday 30 May 2016
- Abstracts close: Thursday 11 August 2016
- Notification to Authors: Thursday 25 August 2016
- Author Acceptances: Wednesday 7 September 2016
- Draft Program available: Monday 12 September 2016
- Presenter registration due: Friday 30 September 2016
- Full Papers for Peer Review: Thursday 24 November 2016
- Early Bird Registrations Close: Thursday 20 October 2016